The Community Partnership regards respect for the privacy of individuals and the lawful and careful treatment of personal information as very important to its successful operations and to maintaining confidence between The Community Partnership and those with whom it carries out business. The Community Partnership will ensure that it treats personal information lawfully and proportionately.
The data controller is The Community Partnership with its registration address at:
The Community Partnership
You can download our full Data Protection Policy here HR9 – CP Data Protection Policy
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our Data Protection Policy or how and why we process personal data, please contact us by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 01389 722639
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when The Community Partnership collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- Our member organisations and individuals related to our members, whether employees, or volunteers and Directors
- Visitors to our website
- People who use our services, e.g. subscribe to our e-newsletter, request a publication or advice from us
- Event attendees (area networks, AGM, annual Gathering, training etc.)
- Job applicants and our current and former employees.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal data we collect about you may vary depending on the service you request from us. As a minimum we will usually collect from you:
- your name
- your email address
For example, when you book a place for any of our events, courses or workshop we may collect your name and email address so that we can contact you in case of changes to the event. We may also email you with information about future similar events that may be of interest to you.
From time to time, depending on the service you require, we may also request the following additional information and use this in the following ways:
- Telephone number: When you book a place any of our events, courses or workshops we may collect your telephone number so that we can contact you in case of changes to the programme. If you contact us to ask us for advice or guidance we may collect your telephone number so that we can contact you in future.
- Mailing List: If you sign up to The Community Partnership mail list, we will use your personal information to provide you with Community Partnership news and information, in the format you have requested and in accordance with any preferences you have expressed.
- Other information we collect: If you correspond with us generally, for example to raise a query, comment or complaint about any of our services, we will also collect any other information you choose to send to us in that correspondence.
How do we use the information you provide?
Where you have disclosed your information to us, we use information:
- because it is necessary to administer the services you have requested from us and to fulfil our obligations to you in providing these services; or
- in order to pursue The Community Partnership’s legitimate interests to inform you by email or other means of events or services run by us or third parties which we think may interest you.
- where we process your personal data on this basis, we will only do so where it does not prejudice your own privacy rights.
Visitors to our websites
|Session customization information||Functionality cookies||This is placed automatically by our web server software when you visit the site and is used to reference a number of items to improve your site experience, for instance remembering your previous search terms, and your votes on our surveys.||Up to 1 year|
|Google Analytics||Analytical/Performance cookies||This allows us to track how many individual unique users we have, and how often they visit the site. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only. These may last for up to 1 year to help us gather statistics about whether you return to the website after you have first visited.||Up to 1 year|
|Advertisements||Targeted advertisement cookies|
|This allows us and our partners to provide relevant & targeted advertisement.||According to our third parties’ policies|
Third party cookies
We sometimes embed video content and photos from websites such as Vimeo, YouTube and flickr. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the share buttons on our website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies.
How to manage cookies
If you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website – or any other website – you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Please bear in mind that if you do this, certain personalised features of this website cannot be provided to you.
If you apply to work at The Community Partnership, we will use the information you supply to us to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. We may disclose personal information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a check from the Disclosure and Barring Service, and where appropriate we will let you know first.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate;
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data; and
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you or by contacting us at: email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
The personal data you give The Community Partnership is held securely and will never be passed on to third parties. We may outsource functions, such as the use of marketing apps including Eventbrite who will be responsible for the safe and confidential processing of personal data on our behalf. We may also disclose personal information where permitted by law or where we are under a duty (including for crime and fraud prevention).