Places available at this years Gathering! Invitations to communities from in and around the National Park have now been issued for this year’s annual event.
The closing date to book your place at this years Gathering is just around the corner, but we still have some places available. On Saturday 5th November at The Buchanan Arms Hotel, Drymen, communities from in and around the National Park will come together to explore the theme of ‘Arts and Innovation in the Park’. As we celebrate the year of innovation, architecture and design we take a look at some of the amazing arts and innovation projects happening in your park and discover how your community can profit from its creativity!
Download the full programme here gathering-2016-programme
Special features for this year’s Gathering;
- Inspirational speakers
- Themed workshops
- Community Champion Awards
- Market place
- Prize Raffle
- Great food, great networking
- Volunteering opportunities
Workshops – Choose from one in the morning, and one in the afternoon! You can sign up beforehand or on the day (each workshop is 45 minutes long).
- Creative Scotland ‘Place, Partnerships and Communities’ Looking at the Open Fund programme. Exploring how your project fits. Advice on best practice and guidance for how you can apply.
- Development Trust Association (Scotland) – Community Ownership Support Service will be offering guidance on asset ownership for developing creative projects/hubs.
- Wildgrass Studios ‘Creative Photography’ Are you getting the best results from your device and camera? This practical workshop is designed for both social, creative, business & community groups.
- Big Lottery Awards for all Programme ‘Encouraging creative projects to apply’ First hand advice on the requirements of the programme, what types of projects are suitable for this funding, and guidance for completing an application form.
- Dunoon Burgh Hall Trust ‘Creativity in the community’ – A work-in-progress arts venue who host exhibitions, workshops & concerts. Get first hand advice how you can get creative in your community.
Registration starts from 9.30am. Guests will receive complimentary refreshments and a two course dinner in the ‘Leaping Salmon’.
Last years raffle was such a success we are doing it again this year! Be in with a chance to WIN a super prize with all proceeds going to a local charity!
Invitation to event
This event is FREE for all CP members and guests to attend. Invitations and AGM papers will be sent out in the week commencing 5 September or you can get in touch to book your place now.
Places are available to Community interest groups, Community Councils and Community Development Trusts in the Park and limited to two people per group. Gathering Booking form available to download: AGM & Gathering 2016- Booking Form
RSVP:Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have some places available. Please call for you FREE space!
If you are a community project or community group and would like a space at this years Gathering please get in touch. Spaces will be limited (and are free) with the option of display boards . Please get in touch to discuss if you would like to participate by calling Marie on 01389 722639 or dropping an email to mailto:email@example.com
Community Champion Awards
Nominations for this years categories are now closed. Winners will be announce on the day!
- Long Standing Champion
- Rising Champion
- Young Artist of the Year
- Champion Community 2016