Programme announced for this years annual Gathering on Saturday the 27th October 10am – 3.30pm at The Three Villages Hall, Arrochar.
The Gathering ‘A Green Revolution – building sustainable communities now’ is an informative day time event open to Community Development Trusts, Community Councils, community interest groups and Village Hall committees from around Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park to attend. For a special twist we are excited to be joined by eco ambassadors from McLaren High, Hermitage Academy and Callander Youth Project.
This years event will feature a packed programme exploring what our communities may look like in the future, and visualising what a ‘green community’ could look like. Our event holds a potential in changing some of the challenges that our rural communities face; marine litter and pollution, declining populations, changes in the landscape, scarcity of resources, a growing global food crisis as well as reducing our CO2 emissions.
- 1000 Registration, tea and coffee, morning pastries & sign up to lunch time ‘Fringe’ workshops
- 1030 Welcome & Introductions by the Community Partnership.
- 1040 Key Speaker – Professor Sarah Skerratt, Directory of Policy Engagement, Scotland’s Rural College and author of ‘Recharging Rural – Creating sustainable communities to 2030 and beyond’
- 1110 Speaker – Arrochar Community Hydro Society – ‘Switching on to Green’ – Duncan MacLachlan (Director of the Arrochar Community Hydro Society Limited) and Jim Lee (Project Officer Energy4All)
- 1140 ‘Green Thinking’ Morning Workshop Faced by climate change challenges this workshop will explore what our communities may look like in the future.
- 1230 Lunch & Fringe workshops Grab some soup and a sandwich and sign up to a lunchtime ‘Fringe workshop’…from strategic to local ‘green thinking’ hot topics.
Hosted by agencies and local projects we will explore and discuss: Eco-education, food waste management, food production, circular economies, green energy, affordable eco and sustainable housing designs, zero waste, solutions to rural transport and more.
Meet the team from Turkey Red and try out the latest technology in virtual reality and drones – perfect for your environmental studies!
Cake included and doggy bags provided!
- 1330 Speaker Zero Waste Scotland – A Circular Economy – Miriam Adcock, Project Manager, Consumer Waste Prevention
- 1400 ‘Green Thinking’ Afternoon Workshop Visualising what a green community could look like and how we get there!
- 1450 Workshop round up & what happens next?
- 1500 Volunteer Awards ‘Community Environmentalist’ & ‘Young Environmentalist’ of the Year’
- 1520 Farewell note
- 1530 Networking & event ends
Case studies, good food, speakers, specialist advice, information sharing, community awards and ‘green thinking’ workshops provide all the ingredients for an inspirational but practical day.
Booking your place is now even easier. Just go online to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/loch-lomond-amp-the-trossachs-community-partnership-17576926201! Alternatively download our booking form and submit if possible before 22 October! Gathering 2018 – Booking Form
The Gathering is also an opportunity for us to celebrate and honour the amazing work of the real grass root stars and groups across the Park going that extra mile to develop and enhance their communities. Nominations are now open for this year’s awards which aim to recognise contributions made by local people raising environmental awareness, promoting environmental conservation or making their community more sustainable.
Community Environmental Award of the Year For community initiatives or groups.
Young Environmentalist of the Year For individuals under 25 years of age.
Nominations are to be made using this form Community Partnership Environmental Awards – Nomination Form and should reach our office no later than the 15th October. All nominees will be invited to attend the event where the winners will be announced and presented with their awards.
If you would be interested in getting involved or would like to find out more please get in touch by:
E: email@example.com or by calling us on T: 01389 722639/722134